Thursday, February 10, 2011

What are my favorite memories as a lifelong Jupiter, Florida resident?

What are my favorite memories as a lifelong Jupiter, Florida resident?

Having been born and raised in this small, yet gorgeous, Town of Jupiter, I have seen amazing changes. I always said that if I had all the money in the world that I would un-develope Jupiter and highlight it's perfections. Some of my greatest memories were the nights I spent fishing on the Loxahatchee River. Back when I was a child there were very few homes along the river, and hardly any as glamorous as they are today. I would anchor my 13 foot Boston Whaler in the middle of the channel, and never see another boat all night long. The fishing is still spectacular, but I miss the silence that the river once gave. Remembering the nights when I used to fall asleep on the boat, and be woken up by a large tarpon making my fishing rod bend and my fishing reel scream out line..... Now those are great memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment